The whole lot, it appears, is on the road proper now. Is mRNA expertise on the verge of pulling us out of the pandemic, or will a wily, evolving virus convey us a number of extra years of testing, booster pictures, uncertainty, and angst? Will AI liberate us with wonderful new medicines, supplies, and modes of leisure, or subtly enslave us in an algorithmically guided world the place none of our selections is actually our personal? Will we cease the lethal climb of worldwide temperatures or simply hunker down behind greater flood defenses and extra highly effective air-conditioners? Will ransomware be tamed, or will it convey down governments?
Whereas the final decade noticed dramatic technological acceleration, the previous 18 months have kicked off a tectonic shift in how we reside, work, and join. The world is being rewired, and RE:WIRED is the place we’ll talk about the massive bets society must make if issues are to prove for the higher slightly than for the more severe.
So be part of us on November 9 and 10 for a sequence of energetic conversations between technologists, artists, policymakers, and others who take into consideration the results of expertise for society, economics, sustainability, and, in the end, our future.
What Is It?
RE:WIRED is a two-day digital international occasion that brings collectively a few of the high names in expertise, enterprise, and tradition to debate the world’s greatest challenges and the way we remedy them.
Who Is RE:WIRED for?
For greater than 25 years, WIRED has been a roadmap to the longer term. Immediately, we’re additionally a consumer handbook for the more and more futuristic current. Whether or not you’re obsessive about the booming area business, terrified about local weather change, excited by the promise of genetic drugs, riled up about ransomware, or questioning the place AI is headed, RE:WIRED can have one thing for you.
Who Will Be Talking?
- Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel in dialog with Nahid Bhadelia, founding director of BU Heart for Rising Infectious Illnesses Coverage and Analysis, concerning the promise and way forward for mRNA vaccines for all the pieces from flu to most cancers
- Jen Easterly, director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Safety Company, on the scourge of ransomware
- Timnit Gebru, impartial scholar and former co-lead of the Moral AI analysis staff at Google Mind, on creating new types of impartial scrutiny to make sure AI growth advantages everybody in society, not simply the few
- Kai-Fu Lee, chairman and CEO of Sinovation Ventures and president of Sinovation Ventures Synthetic Intelligence Institute, in dialog with Kate Crawford, senior principal researcher at Microsoft Analysis New York, on what the way forward for AI ought to appear like
- Science fiction writer Neal Stephenson on constructing digital worlds—and fixing the actual one
Extra nice audio system might be introduced within the coming weeks, so join beneath for updates.
What Does My Registration Embrace?
Registration prices you nothing, and it consists of livestreams of all of the RE:WIRED classes on November 9 and 10, 2021. You’ll be the primary to get updates concerning the occasions, and you’ll have early entry to join in-person gatherings, assuming it’s protected to carry them. You’ll additionally be capable of submit inquiries to the audio system through the reside reveals.
The place Do I Signal Up?
It’s all at WIRED.com/rewired. Register now, and also you’ll get an electronic mail with an entry hyperlink for the livestream 24 to 48 hours earlier than every of the occasion dates. Please electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org with different questions.
The long run is in our palms, and RE:WIRED is the place we speak about the right way to form it.
Extra Nice WIRED Tales