Tesla CEO Musk mentioned in a tweet that he reached out to Apple through the “darkest days” of growth of his firm’s Mannequin 3 to speak a few doable a deal. Musk mentioned he deliberate to debate the potential for promoting Tesla to Apple for one-tenth of its present worth, indicating a valuation of about $60 billion.
Manufacturing of the Mannequin 3 started in 2017, across the similar time Apple determined to shift from growth of a full-fledged Tesla competitor to an underlying self-driving automobile system. Lately, Apple has employed plenty of ex-Tesla executives who concentrate on drive practice, automobile inside and self-driving know-how, indicating that the corporate is as soon as once more contemplating coming into the market.
An Apple spokesman didn’t instantly reply to a request for remark.
Apple inventory has climbed, whereas Tesla inventory has slipped in response to a Reuters report that Apple is aiming it put a automobile into manufacturing as early as 2024. Apple shares climbed 2.9% to $131.88 on Tuesday.
Extra must-read tech protection from Fortune:
- Intuit’s CEO on the $7.1 billion Credit score Karma acquisition, reorienting towards A.I., and reskilling employees
- Commentary: The damaged enterprise mannequin of Uber and Lyft is taking a heavy toll on society
- WarnerMedia Studios chief on the controversial choice to launch new films on HBO Max
- Air Drive A.I. check raises issues over killer robots
- Commentary: The net should change its enterprise mannequin if it needs to turn into really international and multilingual