2. A locations ddakji on the bottom.
3. B makes an attempt to flip it over by slamming their ddakji exhausting onto it.
4. Change turns.
Whoever succeeds in flipping over the opponent’s ddakji first is the winner.
Professional-tip: Yohan Yun, 29, says that ddakji briefly got here again in reputation when he was about 5 years outdated and claims to have been a “grasp ddakji participant” in his neighborhood of Dong-ducheon. The trick is to research the ddakji and goal that ddakji’s weak factors, he says. “A flatter ddakji is extra prone to flip over in case you hit its corners, whereas a thicker ddakji strikes with the movement of your ddakji so you need to hit it flat on its heart,” he insists.
Sport #1: Mugunghwa Kochi Pieotseumnida (The Rose of Sharon Has Bloomed)
As seen on the collection: The primary official recreation performed in Squid Sport is led by a creepy, large doll with motion-sensor eyes. The gamers are lined up in opposition to one finish of the playground, they usually can transfer solely when the doll turns away from them and chants “mugunghwa kochi pieotseumnida.” Gamers that transfer when the doll is going through their course and gamers that don’t make it throughout the end line earlier than the allotted time of 10 minutes are shot and killed.
Prep: One of many beauties of this recreation is that it includes zero prep, however hardcore Squid Sport followers should purchase costumes from third-party retailers on-line.
Methods to play: Netflix translated the title of the sport to “Crimson Mild, Inexperienced Mild,” little doubt as a result of the foundations of the video games are related. Each permit for a limiteless variety of gamers. Right here’s play the Korean means:
1. Play rock, paper, scissor to see who might be “it.”
2. The participant who’s “it” stands at one finish of the room whereas the remainder of the gamers line up on the opposite finish.
3. That participant then faces a wall or a tree, reverse the gamers, and chants the 10-syllable phrase. At the moment, the gamers are allowed to maneuver.
4. When the “it” participant is finished chanting, they flip round and pick gamers they see shifting.
5. Gamers which were picked out should now be “chained” to the “it” participant by holding palms or linking pinkies.
6. A. If a participant efficiently reaches the other wall (or tree), and there’s a chain, the participant can free the chain by manually breaking the hand maintain. (Some variations of the sport have all gamers freed, whereas others simply free these manually torn aside.) These freed from the chain can run away.
6. B. If a participant efficiently reaches “it,” he or she can tag the “it” participant and run away.
If you’re tagged by it, you’re the new it. The purpose right here, just like tag, is to not be the brand new it.
There are extra complicated takes of this recreation, the place a special transfer should be had if the “it” participant calls out a special chant. See instance right here.
Professional-tip: Claudia Lee, 33, remembers being “fairly good” at this recreation when she was a baby. She says coordination and prudence are keys to profitable. “The nearer you get to it, the extra cautious you need to be, as a result of all of your actions might be extra seen,” she says. Should you’re it, and also you need to journey up the opposite gamers, play with how rapidly you say the syllables. TikToker @mykoreandic reveals how.